Inspector of Drugs, Barpeta
A) Overview of the Department:
- Drugs Control Organization, Assam is manned by technically qualified personal to enforce the Drugs & Cosmetics Act 1940 and the Drugs & Cosmetics Rule 1945 in true spirit so as to protect, promote and enhance the health of people.
- Drugs Control Organization functions under FDA (Food and Drug Administration) Assam, headed by a Commissioner, having office at Dispur, Guwahati-6.
- FDA Assam is one of the prime Organization of Government Assam under the Department of Health & Family Welfare, for Public Health and Consumer protection.
VISION - To protect and promote Public Health in Assam.
MISSION - To safeguard and enhance the public health by assuring safety, efficacy and quality of Drugs & Cosmetics and Medical devices.
MAJOR FUNCTIONS –
- Regulatory Control over the Manufacture, Distribution and Sales of Drugs & Cosmetics and to maintain Standard of Drugs & Cosmetics.
- To ensure efficacy, safety and quality of Drugs & Cosmetics and to ensure availability of such Drugs and Cosmetics to consumers at reasonable price.
CLASS OF DRUGS REGULATED -
- Modern (Allopathic) Drugs.
- Ayurvedic Drugs
- Homoeopathic Drugs
- Unani and Siddha Medicines
- Blood, Blood component and Blood products
- Medical Devices
ACT ENFORCED AND IMPLEMENTED
- The Drugs & Cosmetics Act 1940 and the Drugs & Cosmetics Rule 1945.
- The Drugs and Magic Remedies (Objectionable Advertisement) Act 1954 and Rules 1955.
- The Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic substances Act 1985.
- The Drugs Price Control Order 2013.
B) Organizational Structure and Strength:
- FDA, Assam is Headed by a Commissioner, having office at Dispur, Guwahati-6 under whom Drugs Control Organization functions.
- Drugs Controller, Assam and Joint Drugs Controller, Assam and Inspector of Drugs posted at H.Q. are having office at Hengrabari, Guwahati-36.
- 03 (Three) Deputy Drugs Controllers are having Head Quarter at Dibrugrah, Silchar and Kokrajhar.
- There are 08 (Eight) Senior Inspector of Drugs at the Zonal level. They are posted in the District HQ of Kamrup (M), Nagaon, Jorhat, Dibrugrah, Tezpur, Silchar, Dhubri & Kokrajhar.
- There are 35 (Thirty-Five) post of Inspector of Drugs. They are posted in the District Head quarter of every district and one in state H.Q.
(C) Different Services Provided by the Department
- The district offices recommend for issuance of certificate, licences etc. for sale & distribution of Drugs and Cosmetics online under EODB, Assam ( https://eodb.assam.gov.in/ ) by the State Licensing Authority.
- The district offices along with Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO), Sub Zone, Guwahati, recommend for issuance of certificate, licences etc. for manufacture of Drugs and Cosmetics online under EODB, Assam ( https://eodb.assam.gov.in/ ) by the State Licensing Authority.
- The department along with CDSCO, Sub Zone, Guwahati jointly inspect the drugs manufacturing units for compliance of Sch-M of Drugs & Cosmetics Act & Rules and based on the joint inspection, the licences/certificate etc. are issued by the State Licensing Authority.
- The department along with CDSCO, Sub-Zone, Guwahati inspects the Blood Centres (banks) of the state for compliance of Sch-122 Part XII-B of Drugs & Cosmetics Act and the licences are issued by the Drugs Controller General (India), New Delhi & State Licensing Authority.
(C) Contact Details of Key Officials
|The Commissioner FDA, Assam||Food and Drugs Administration, Assam||Hengrabari, Guwahati-36||9864038458|
|The Drugs Controller & Licensing Authority, Assam||O/o Drugs Control Organization, Assam||Hengrabari, Guwahati-36||
|Inspector of Drugs, Barpeta||O/o Inspector of Drugs, Barpeta||Jyoti Gaon, Barpeta -781301||
D) Photo of different activities with single line briefing