e-Shram is a portal created by the Ministry of Labor and Employment for the welfare of workers in the unorganized sector who are not members of the EPFO or ESIC. Registered members will be eligible for a variety of benefits after signing up for the Shramik Yojana and receiving an e-Shram card. Registration can be done either online at https://eshram.gov.in/ or nearest Common Service Center (CSC).
Objectives of eSHRAM Portal:-
- Creation of a centralized database of all unorganized workers (UWs) including Construction Workers, Migrant Workers, Gig and Platform workers, Street Vendors, Domestic Workers, Agriculture Workers, etc., to be seeded with Aadhaar.
- To improve the implementation efficiency of the social security services for the unorganized workers.(ii) Integration of Social Security Schemes meant for UWs being administered by MoLE and subsequently those run by other ministries as well.
- Sharing of information in respect of registered unorganised workers with various stakeholders such as Ministries/ Departments/ Boards/ Agencies/ Organisations of the Central & State Governments through APIs for delivery of various social security and welfare schemes being administered by them.
- Portability of the social security and welfare benefits to the migrant and construction workers.
- Providing a comprehensive database to Central and State Governments for tackling any National Crises like COVID-19 in future.
Who can register in eShram (NDUW) Portal?
Any individual satisfying following condition can register on the portal:
- Age should be between 16-59 years.
- Not a member of EPFO/ESIC or NPS (Govt. funded)
Who is Unorganised Worker?
• Any worker who is a home based-worker, self-employed worker or a wage worker in the unorganised sector including a worker in the organised sector who is not a member of ESIC or EPFO or not a Govt. employee is called an Unorganised Worker.
Document requires to register on the portal:
- Aadhar Number
- Mobile number linked with Aadhaar.
- Savings Bank Account number with IFSC code
Free Insurance of Rs. 2 Lakhs
Awareness Cum Registration Camp:-